Friday, October 9, 2009

south africa 2010: be there

We did it!


In what I hear was an incredibly unconvincing win, the USMNT beat Honduras 3-2 to secure a spot in World Cup 2010. OOO-sah!

I didn't watch the game because 1) I've already gotten in trouble once for streaming too many games so I didn't want to get a judicial referral (fuck college) and 2) I was too tired to stay up anyways, especially if all I could do was read a live report.

But Conor Casey (Conor fucking Casey???) got a brace and Landy scored the third, and Honduras missed a penalty and did other various things to choke and ensure our passage into next summer's tournament. They'll probably still make it anyways.

So yeah, go us! We better shape up massively before next summer though if we want any sort of a chance to, erm, win a game or two.

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

Lmao I love how American that photo is! I'm glad you guys qualified, I like that it's truly going to be a *world* cup (if that makes sense) wouldn't feel right if USA weren't there :)