Monday, May 11, 2009

goalie love

I love Semyon Varlamov.

He just turned 21, he just recently got called up from the Hershey Bears, and he still doesn't speak any English. But he makes saves like this against one of the best players in the NHL:


Click the HD button. It's even better.

This probably isn't the most appropriate moment to post this, seeing as how the Capitals have just lost three playoff games in a row, but whatever. He is amazing and the losses weren't his fault. Game 6 is starting...um, now. It's in Pittsburgh, and if we lose this one we're out of the playoffs. I'm nervous.

Come on Varlamov & Co. Football has sucked this weekend. Don't lose and make me even sadder.

LATE NIGHT EDIT: We won!! 5-4 in overtime to force game 7 this Wednesday back in DC. Let's all hope it will turn out better than last year's series against the Flyers. Go Caps!

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

Wow Sarah, how do you follow this? I couldn't even see the puck, all those sticks and shizz! I'm impressed with hockey players' skillz though - to be able to ice skate AND play hockey simultaneously! :O My one ice skating attempt was lolz, it was at my friend's 12th birthday and involved me having to hold onto her dad and her "uncle" (even though he wasn't actually related to her family, and they called him Sven even though he wasn't even Swedish... idek) as they helped me across the ice. I still fell spectacularly on my arse, banana skin style. Every muscle in my body ached the following day. FAIL!