Tuesday, May 5, 2009

oh manchester, so much to answer for...

I made a playlist last October when the Cubs once again crashed and burned out of the playoffs, and I rediscovered it on the train back from London tonight. It's pretty awesomely emo. Most of the songs don't have anything to do with sports, but they are all sad and/or depressing. So if you are ever in a horrible mood thanks to your favorite sports team, slap this on the player and it...well, won't make you feel any better, but it might just fit your mood.

Sarah's Emo Playlist of Epic Sporting Failure:

1. I Know It's Over - The Smiths

2. Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens

3. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

4. Bruised - The Bens

5. Atmosphere - Joy Division

6. Romulus - Sufjan Stevens

7. 23 - Jimmy Eat World

8. Gather To The Chapel - Liam Finn

9. Suffer Little Children - The Smiths

10. Vienna - Matt Costa

11. Sandblasted And Set Free - Maximo Park

12. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

13. Remember When - Liam Finn

14. Let Down - Radiohead

15. A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request - Steve Goodman (Okay, this one is pretty specific to Chicago. You may want to leave it off any non-baseball heartbreak lists.)

So yeah. Fuck Manchester United. I have nothing but pure, blind hatred for each and every one of them. I hope Cristiano Ronaldo breaks both legs trying to perfect his swan dive during training. I also hope SAF chokes on his chewing gum one day in the near future and dies a very painful death.

I'm also pretty upset with the Arsenal boys at the moment. I don't know that I ever really expected them to go through; the finals were always a longshot. But I certainly didn't expect them to roll over and die within the first ten minutes. Grow a pair and fight for your team, dammit.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm still in pain from the match. :[

It sucks. But we'll still be behind them 100%.

Stephanie said...

:(

mallymoodle said...

Sorry Sarebear :(

On the other hand, now you can devote yourself totally to the Barca cause!

Vanilla Bear said...

Aw Sarah, I don't know what to say, it was awful :( *hugs* Bloody Man Utd, I hope Barca rip them apart.