Wednesday, February 11, 2009

new place, same old habits

So my New Years resolution to stop procrastinating totally isn't panning out well. I have a 1500 word essay due tomorrow and so far I've written...250. AND I had all day yesterday to write it because I had no classes. I even put myself in voluntary isolation by refusing to sign on to AIM or MSN, and I still couldn't convince myself to work.

I just have a problem working without pressure. I can't force myself to write essays unless the deadline is mere hours away. As strange as it sounds, I write better like that. Even the knowledge that I would want to watch international football matches this evening/tonight didn't force my brain to concentrate and get my shit done early. So now I'm going to stay up all night to write about the limitations of the DSM classification system.

Sarah's timetable:

3:00-6:45 = Attempt to work. Try to get at least 1/2 of essay written.
6:45-8:45 = Croatia vs. Romania. Check up on a certain Arsenal player's progress.
[8:00-10:00 = France vs. Argentina. Mild interest, but probably won't catch much of it due to previous and next matches listed.]
9:00-11:00 = Spain vs. England. Theo being injured means I have (less than) zero interest in team Engerland, so viva Espana!
11:00-12:00 = Work? Doubtful. Will probably screw around on facebook until...
12:00-2:00 = USA vs. Mexico! Not merely a friendly like the others (pssh, like anytime we play Mehico could be considered "friendly"), but the first match of the final World Cup Qualifying round. I will no doubt be exhausted by this time, but there is no way I'm missing the game.
2:00 - ? = Nap. Will wake up in a few hours to finish essay.
12:00 Thursday = Deadline.

2 comments:

Gina Villamelon said...

That's ok, I wrote two 2000 word essays on the day they were due in. While watching the telly. In 3 hours. Procrastination FTW!

Stephanie said...

procrastination FTW is exactly right!