Tuesday, February 24, 2009

quick notes

Lots of things have happened over the past few days that I haven't had the time or energy to blog about, so I'm just going to do a quick rundown and stick them all in one post.

1) Arsenal beat Roma 1-0 earlier this evening on a Van Persie penalty. Again, Bendtner was kind of shite. Eboue got a standing ovation when he was subbed off, which is good I guess (that the fans aren't booing him anymore at least), but he's still pretty crap too. Positives about the game? Um, we won.

2) This article says Fàbregas is scheduled to come back for the Man City game in April. My Citeh-loving buddy better come through with those tickets. I don't even care if I have to sit in the away section.

3) My sister got engaged. I haven't actually been able to speak to her about it yet (she told me on Facebook while I was in Brighton, haha) because she's always out when I call. So I don't know all the details yet, but it's pretty exciting! For those who don't know, the sis is 22 and is due to graduate this spring; her fiance is 24 next month, graduated a year ago, and works for a bank in Pittsburgh.

4) I have three essays due soon. One every week until the end of term, specifically. I should probably start writing those.

5) I'm starting to think about where to go in April, when I have a month off of school. If any of you have input, feel free to leave it in the comments!

6) Don't forget to vote in the Hottie World Cup! Specifically, don't forget to vote for the USA in the Hottie World Cup! We're beating the Italy B team, but not by much.


You should also vote for the Dutch, because they're behind. Ditto Croatia. They also have awesome promo videos:



First round voting ends at 12:01 am GMT on Thursday. And thanks to Kickette, Unprofessional Foul, The Offside, and everyone else who has helped to spread the word!

5 comments:

blank said...

bendtner disgusts me, i could have scored that one goal. anyways, yay win! you have to go to that game omg, cmon citeh dude. congrats to your sister, but im older than her. should i be having babies by now? :S :S (ha, yeah rite) i agree, you should probably start your essays soon. go to prague! i've given up on the dutchies but cmon team USA. ok bye

Stephanie said...

What is this shite you speak of? :P

I think you should poll where you should, go, kind of like Lucy. Put the options out there and then have a vote. I recommend Spain and Italy so then I can be jealous of you.

Don't have babies Ali, that's the 'in" thing right now and you are too cool to go with the flow, besides, you would just add to blue and lucy's engagement/baby plague. Also, I just don't think the world could deal with the awesomeness you would produce. It's best you just don't procreate atm.

Vanilla Bear said...

Why don't you go back to WALES? The best place in Europe surely? lololololololololololololololololol

Sorry.

I suggest: Spain of course, Italy yes, but how about Croatia? :)

Yay for your sis btw!

Venice said...

Yeah I know where you should go, to the magical land of Cro! April could be a good time, I hope it doesn't get too rainy. I can take you to the seaside as well.

(High five Lucy!)

Congrats to the sis! ... she makes me feel like a slacker. In everything. Probably because I am.

senorita.blue said...

:S marriage and baby talks?
(hides in the dark corner - looking sulky as Sully)

But congrats to your sis!
And definitely Cro for April...
But I heard you might be eating croissant?

And fingers crossed for Citeh tickets to come through :D