Saturday, February 28, 2009

sick of this shit

Arsene is not impressed.

Why the hell is it so hard to win a flipping league game, Arsenal? Scratch that, why the hell is it so hard to score a flipping goal? This is our fifth consecutive league draw, the last four of which have been nil-nil.

Yes, we are missing lots of players. Fabregas, Eduardo, Adebayor, Rosicky (who?), Walcott...all very important, and I have no doubt that the team will improve when they return. However, there comes a time when complaining about injuries just isn't enough. The problem is that the team we're fielding at the moment should be good enough to beat Fulham at home. I mean, give credit to Fulham, because they're very good defensively this season, and they played well and deserved to get a point from the match.

But that's the problem, isn't it? We didn't deserve to win. Our finishing was shocking, and it wasn't limited to one specific player. It's like the team is going through a communal slump in form, and it's freaking annoying. Is it really so difficult, as a professional football player, to find the back of the net?

I guess some people would tell me to stop complaining. At least we're not losing, right? Yes, I know that there are many teams that are worse off than us. But the big four are held to a higher standard, and when they aren't performing up to their potential, then it is disappointing to the fans. And being one of the "big four" and not actually being in the top four is definitely disappointing. Not playing Champions League football next season will be disappointing.

One of the announcers during the game kept going on about how Arsenal fans were some of the most "unforgiving" of all Premier League teams. All I can say is that right now, we seem to have just cause. You can't tell me that Man United fans would act any differently if they were in our position. Actually, they'd probably jump ship and go support Chelsea or something. Fucking glory hunters.

I don't mean to be a bitch though, really, I'm just frustrated. Get it together, guys! Make me happy again.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so with you on this. You have no idea.

It's sickening, I hope Wenger gave them a beating in the dressing room.

Btw, awesome blog.

Venice said...

I watched the match today. Entertaining football for the neutral, but I can see how frustrating it can be for the fans.
Without Eduardo, there's no one there to score :-/

But I'm glad Arshavin is getting on great already, I think once you have someone like Eduardo back who knows how to capitalize on all his work, you'll be alright.

Erm except there's still that problem with the lack of a DM and a proper CB too.

epiblast said...

At least you didn't lose to Fulham. Liverpool broke my heart today with a two-nil flop in the shitter at Boro, bloody awful.

blank said...

yes, epic rant! i love it. lolz @ glory hunters comment. what makes me the most angry is that everyone saw this coming from the beginning of the season..when no one got signed to deepen the bench. i still think top 4 will happen. am i naive? :S