Thursday, April 30, 2009

hope everyone's playoff beards are growing nicely...

Blogging about two weeks' worth of traveling seems a very daunting task at the moment. So I'm going to blog about something else entirely.


The Capitals won game 7 against the NY Rangers and are moving on to the next round of the playoffs! First game of the series against the Pittsburgh Penguins is this Saturday, 6pm my time (1pm local time, if you're back in the States) at home.

Tuesday's game was the only one that I was actually able to watch, due to me being all continental for the past couple of weeks, so I really don't know how the whole series went. Must have been exciting to actually get to a game 7 though. Varlamov seems to be taking over for Theodore very well. And Sergei Fedorov's still got it, scoring the winning goal in the third period and all! So yeah, I am once again caught up in Stanley Cup fever. Although this year is going to make me a lot more tired, seeing as I have to stay up until like 4am to watch the games.


Edit: Okay, bad news. Just found out that El Clásico starts at 7pm on Saturday, so I'm going to have to abandon the hockey after an hour. It's only game 1 so I can afford to, but still, how annoying. Scheduling conflicts suck...although I may be the only person in the entire world that is affected by this particular one.

No comments: