Thursday, April 16, 2009

we are virginia tech.



Hard to believe it's been two years. In some ways it seems like it happened a lifetime ago; in others, only yesterday. As a campus and as a community we have moved ahead, but I can't easily say that we've moved on. I don't think it's something that I will ever fully get over, and I know many of my friends, classmates, and sisters feel the same way. It's not easy, with gun violence still extremely prevalent in the US and even abroad, and with unthinkably easy access to guns it's no wonder we still have a problem. However, the Hokie Nation has grown stronger, and we are healing.

For all of those who have helped in the recovery process over the past few years - thank you.

And for all of the Hokies no longer with us - requiescant in pace.

3 comments:

epiblast said...

I remember that day and all the talk around campus. The next day everyone on the Penn State campus wore orange.

Vanilla Bear said...

:( Aw Sarah, bless you for getting online while on holiday to post about this, I can tell how much it means to you. Such an awful thing to happen.

senorita.blue said...

Aww Sarah :(
Sending big big hugs to you and all who were affected by this tragedy.