Sunday, April 12, 2009

peep set me up!

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all are having a happier holiday than I am. Have been practically bedridden with flu-like symptoms since Friday, and haven't eaten a proper meal since Thursday lunchtime. My parents even bought me a chocolate Easter bunny from Fortnum & Mason when they were in town last week, and it looks delicious but I have no appetite. I am devastated. Nothing like chocolate to make you feel better.

On a funnier Easter note, the Sunday Source section of the Washington Post held their second annual Peeps Diorama contest, and some real gems made it to the finals. This one, titled "Peep set me up!" had me laughing for about 5 minutes straight.

Semifinalist: Jodie Smolik, 42, of Washington re-created former D.C. mayor Marion Barry's infamous 1990 arrest. "The Peep on the bed has been drinking champagne ordered from room service," she writes in an e-mail. "The FBI agents (or Funny Bunny Investigators) are hiding in the W.C. after having set up video cameras and providing a bag of crack to the Peep (please see dime bag with rocks on the dresser). Perhaps the Peep did set him up."

More positive news: Arsenal beat Wigan 4-1 yesterday away, ringing in another joyful St. Totteringham's Day. If I were hungry, I'd make myself some lasagna to celebrate.

No comments: