Tuesday, December 23, 2008

r.i.p. cesc's knee...

...and Arsenal's season.
The unconfirmed report said Fàbregas would be ruled out for maybe 1-3 weeks. The scans say 3-4 months. I had a suspicion it would be longer when they started talking about knee ligaments, but I didn't want to admit it, even to myself. This sucks.

I swear, it's like an injury tag-team out there. Eduardo should be back playing in real matches soon, so naturally that means another player has to be out. And not just any player but our captain, our playmaker, what some would call our most important player. I'm honestly not sure what our team will look like without him. I will say that the second half of the Liverpool game was rather unorganized. I mean, we did well to hold on (especially with 10 men) and the remaining midfielders really stepped up and worked hard, but Diaby just doesn't have Fàbregas' natural vision or pinpoint passing ability.

Xabi Alonso is now officially on my hit list. I don't care that he went to apologize and see how Cesc was after the game. I don't care that he can score from behind the halfway line. I don't care that he looks good in a suit. Xabier, you are going down.

Okay, now I'm off to cry into my morning coffee. And maybe go jump off a cliff.


P.S. My brother says that they should make the players drink more milk. "Isn't that supposed to strengthen bones and ligaments and all that?" I'm starting to think he might be right. I'm also surprised Robin van Persie has held on this long.

5 comments:

blank said...

I really want to cry. I'm so with you on Xabs. He's dead to me. I don't care that he's a class act either. I mean his ginger beard is a disgrace to ginger beards. Want to start a gang with me, you, and Alexi Lalas and take him down? (Probably more emotionally than physically though, I'm not really much of a fighter) idk, this just sucks.

Vanilla Bear said...

Don't forget Chuck Norris, he wouldn't wanna be left out of any ginger beard themed beat downs!

As for Xabi, like I've said before, this is the work of new WTF Xabi, not normal Xabi, I have nothing to say in his defence :( I'm majorly pissed that he's deprived us all of Eduardo reluctantly accepting Cesc's manlove >:(

And I hope you haven't jinxed RVP, Sarah :S

EbullientFatalist said...

RVP will go down in training tomorrow with a strained shin. Thanks, Sarah. Thanks.

It's imperative that we now spend in January. Bring in Senna (even if he is 32 and not really Spanish), or Kobiashvili from Schalke. The squad needs to be improved in both depth, quality, and experience - these two add all three. (math?)

Adam said...

Yes thanks, you just caused RVP to break something obscure, because he misses his training room buddy Tomas.

Andrew, I like the math. If only Xabi would have been purchased over the summer though, then Arsenal would have been the ones doing the knee smashing.

I'm still holding out hope, we're still in it in 3 competitions, but that number can go to 0 all too quickly.

No name brand said...

I dunno, I think this is just Arsenal's luck. Injury-tag? Lol!

Since Arsenal haven't been getting the results they need to, are capable of and should be getting, I've been experiencing so much apathy. I guess I'll miss Cesc but either it's not hitting me or the blow was so soft it doesn't feel so bad. I'm glad I'm not crying a river or anything.

Ramblings of a Gooner Girl blog