Thursday, December 4, 2008

seriously, i love wintertime. in case you hadn't noticed.

Now that Thanksgiving’s over, we can fully throw ourselves into the winter holiday season! I’m not religious, but I am an avid fan of consumerism so naturally this means that I love Christmas. So I am going to suggest a few things to get everyone into the holiday mood:

First off, a hot drink. The Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks taste like Christmas. I get them whenever it snows. But I can't drink them if it's not snowing, because somehow it just doesn't feel right.

Next, a little music to set the mood:

SeeqPod - Playable Search

Nat King Cole's Christmas CD is a staple in my house in December.

Can't forget the Christmas cookies!
These aren't the gingerbread cookies we always have come holiday time, but I didn't have a picture of those so this will have to do. I don't make them; it's actually my sister's best friend's mom's special recipe. I think it's Finnish. But those are the only gingerbread cookies I can eat now. No others can measure up. But my sister and I make sugar cookies and snowball cookies and sometimes chocolate graham cracker bark. Again, I don't have pictures but I might take some over break.

And of course, no Christmas season is complete without a little Bing:

White Christmas is one of my favorite holiday movies. (And the other is Die Hard, so if you're looking for a more traditional holiday feel, you might wanna go for this one.)

So yeah, that's my little post to get all of you Scrooges/Grinches more excited. It's Christmas! Be happy!

2 comments:

senorita.blue said...

*sighs*
Christmas always bring a lot of memories.
Especially when "The Christmas Song" is playing... but thanks to you, now i have to giggle at the beginning of the song.
And it's not chesnut roasting on open fire ;)

Vanilla Bear said...

BING!

My Christmas movies are Home Alone, Love Actually and The Muppet Christmas Carol :DDD

This post has seriously got me in the Christmas mood Sarah! I'm so excited!!!