Thursday, January 29, 2009

crashing the sunset party

I went into London on my own for the first time yesterday, and I didn't get lost! This is an achievement for me because I have a habit of getting lost wherever I go. But London is so easy to get around in that I haven't lost my way once (so far...). I love the tube; it's so much more efficient and user-friendly than Metro back home.

But anyways, I was in the city to meet a few former coworkers/friends of mine, and it was quite an experience! It was great catching up with the Sunset boys because I got to a) reminisce about the good old camp days and b) hear lots of stuff about that summer that I had no idea was going on! It's funny being so far removed from everything, because the three of them are never going back to camp so they had no scruples about dishing all the dirt, whereas a few years ago no one was sure about who they could talk to. I know this is all really vague, but let's just say there was lots of drama that summer, and it's kind of hilarious to look back on it now and know what really happened.

Clockwise from far left: Ben, Bill, David, Mike F, Steve, Luke, Dougie, Tynan, Mike G

So yeah, hanging out with Ben, Luke, and Mike (Ford) was a good time. Mike and I ate lunch at a really cute Italian cafe and then walked around aimlessly for an hour or two while we waited for Ben and Luke to get off work. Then we all went to Kingston to a student bar where Ben was DJing that night, and I got to meet his girlfriend and his twin sister and we all just hung out and chatted. It made me really miss camp! And hopefully this is only the first of many camp reunions I get to have this term.

3 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

I declare the guy in the light blue shirt to be cute.. yay or nay?

Venice said...

Lol Lucy, because he has a pimpin pose? :-D

but yeah, he doesnt seem too bad.

Love reading about your adventures Sarah!

senorita.blue said...

Sunset Boys...
That name and some of the guys' poses... tricked me into thinking that they used to be a boyband.

And cheers for many camp reunions to come along your way :D