Saturday, January 31, 2009

city life

I skipped class on Friday to go into London. I have to say, it didn't take much convincing, because the group was planning on going to Camden and Tower Bridge, neither of which I had done yet. So I went.
Camden Markets were amazing. I love the atmosphere there! I got delish Chinese food from a vendor and bought a cool gold owl pendant for v. little money...I should have bought my sister a birthday present, but I didn't think about it at the time. I'll probably go back sometime soon though.

Then we went and saw the London Tower and crossed Tower Bridge and were all touristy and took lots of pictures of it.We stopped by Leadenhall Market, in hopes that we could find a cute coffee shop, but everything was pretty much closed so we ended up just going to Starbucks.Then we had some time to kill before dinner so we decided to go to the Museum of London, which was very cool because I'm a history dork. I saw this and had to take a picture of it:Anyone else reminded of Life of Brian?

Finally, we went to Leicester Square and had dinner in the Bear and Staff pub. It was my first traditional pub meal so naturally I got fish and chips! And it was much better than the fish and chips I had last time I was in London.So yay for productive days! Although I feel like the more I see of London, the more there is to see. I'm glad I'm here until June, but I still don't think I'll be able to do and see everything that I want to!

3 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Aw Sarebear, I have never been to Tower Bridge, v cool! I have been to Camden though, it's crazy there isn't it? When I went, somehow I ended up in the goth section of the market and was approached by a lady trying to sell me this corset with skulls on :S

But yay! I'm glad you're still having a great time :D

Venice said...

Lol, it's totally the Life of Brian!

senorita.blue said...

Skipping class already?
tsk tsk tsk...
Kidding! I'd do that in a heartbeat upon the promise of authentic pub grub.

You looks so lovely with curly hair Sare :D
Btw - have you gone to London Eye yet?