Friday, January 9, 2009

touristy photographs

So I finally have internet access set up in my hall, but I don't really feel like recapping my week so far. I'm putting up pictures instead, and maybe you can read all about my adventures tomorrow or on Sunday when I have more free time.

This view should need no explanation:

Monument to the 1666 fire by the old entrance to the City:

Tower Bridge (not London Bridge, as many people think):

Diagon Alley:
The museum that I couldn't stay inside because I burned my hand earlier in the day and was in horrible pain so I had to go sit outside in the freezing cold:

St. Paul's Cathedral (of William Blake's 'Holy Thursday' fame):

And now to my new home for the next several months. The main Founders building:
And my tiny little room......and even tinier closet. With no drawers! This shelf thing will take some getting used to.

5 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Aww Sarah, your room is so tiny! But cosy looking all the same :D And I realised looking at your photos that I really have never been to London to take photos, that's sad. Me and my friend keep saying we should do a sight seeing of London but we never get round to it. You have inspired me!

Gina Villamelon said...

Aww, seeing your room reminds me of my room in Brighton. *sniffles* I miss Brighton.
But great photos, and I agree with Vanilla Bear, this post has defo made me want to get off my ass and go sightseeing.

Stephanie said...

Those pictures are gorgeous Sarah, I'm uber jealous. Also, :S at the size of that closet, but I'm very glad you didn't take the advice of only 2 pairs of shoes. That was nonsense.

blank said...

yay! cool pictures, your building is gorgeous. for some reason your room looks like a ship cabin to me, idk. but it's so cute and organized. glad you're having fun already :D

Venice said...

Awesome pics Sarah, I get the urge to sit on a plane to London immediately. And thumbs up for the Arsenal scarf, finally you're at the right place to show your true colours!