Tuesday, January 27, 2009

wait what?

I thought the Arshavin deal saga was over days ago, to no fruition. But apparently not. Now it looks as if it's actually going to happen, as long as Arshavin himself stops being stubborn.

I still think we need a couple of defensive players, but if this works out, the Russian will go a long way towards healing our injury woes. Once all of our creative players are back and healthy (I know, keep dreaming right?) we may have to shuffle the team around a bit and possibly even sell a player or two--probably Bendtner--but it will be nice to actually have some depth to the bench.

I'm happy about this. I like Arshavin. I mean, granted, I had no idea who he was before last summer, but I think he could fit well into the Arsenal lineup. And while I love the youth system we have going, it is a refreshing change to see Wenger sign someone who isn't 16 and needs a few years to mature before he can play for the full side. We've got problems now, and we need people who can play now.

3 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

So... how long til Cesc's back now?

I don't really like Arshavin all that much, but I have no good reason for that, it's just an instinctual thing lol so if you and the Voyeur both think he'll be good then I'll have to agree, wish they would hurry up and sort it out though. yawn

EbullientFatalist said...

Sarah, that's the most brilliant picture of arshavin I've seen yet; its so funny in so many ways.

Venice said...

I knew he was short, but he really looks like a hobbit there.

Arshavin is a genius but his attitude is all wrong. He's quality enough turn things around for Arsenal for sure, and if he signs there's a good chance he could quickly become one of Prem's top playmakers.

But you do realize his ginormous ego comes in the package as well as his disciplinary issues.