Tuesday, January 20, 2009

i'm the next big thing

Victoria, our lovely event coordinator (and new celeb--as you can see, the press loved her!)

Today I was a total celebrity. You may possibly see pictures of me on the Hard Rock Cafe website in about a week. Or interviews of me on the news.

We went into London today for the inauguration, decked out in our Obama shirts and buttons and waving our little American flags. The Hard Rock Cafe was packed, and there were people cheering and clapping and crying (I'm looking at you, Tyler!). The atmosphere was amazing. And I went all out in my Americanness and had a bacon cheeseburger. Delish. What wasn't so nice was the guy taking close up pictures of me while I was trying to eat said cheeseburger. I feel like pictures of me eating are going to crop up on the news now, and that's just awkward.

But anyways.Spot the Obama-alike! And yes, he had an English accent. It was a little surreal.

I've already said all that I can about the new administration, so I won't repeat myself. I will say that I'm feeling a little relieved and a lot excited. Can't wait to see how the next four years pan out!

5 comments:

blank said...

Sarah, this has blown my mind. You are famous!! I'm so glad I have your autograph on my xmas card. I'm selling it on ebay. But honestly, this is so cool, it looks like a good time! I'm glad you guys felt the spirit across the ocean. It didn't all hit me until I saw Bush get on the helicopter and fly away. Good day! LOL, @ the obama-like, he's the first one I saw and I figured you had just gone to see wax obama. :D

"Seven bongs on Big Ben behind me." Say it 5x fast, i dare you.

Vanilla Bear said...

:O SARAH! Wow!

Lol, were you holding your arm out like that to make more of a point? ;)

Aw I love you, you're so awesome.

Vanilla Bear said...

I kinda want fake Obama's number

Venice said...

Ooh Sarah I'm so proud of you! I saw you on the video, looking very cute - I bet it wasn't easy to handle all the fuss. You're a star :-D

senorita.blue said...

Oh no - i thought that guy was really Obama and i got a bit confused... hahaha.

But awwww - you look great in the video!
thumbs up for being so articulate with a camera zooming at you :D