Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy new year!

And what better way to ring in the new year than a day filled with good old American (and maybe Canadian) sports?

First, we have a strange fusion of baseball and hockey with the Winter Classic - Blackhawks and Redwings playing at Wrigley Field, home of my beloved Chicago Cubs. Weird and pointless but I'm going to watch anyways. Unless my sister complains and takes the remote.

My parents will probably want to watch the Rose Bowl, even though the Illini aren't playing this year, so I'm sure that will be on later. I don't really care about the Big 10 or the Pac-10, so I can't muster up a whole lot of excitement about this game. I do think that they should have somehow made Illinois go to the Orange Bowl, simply because it would bring me childish amusement to think that a guy named Juice was playing in a tournament called the Orange Bowl. Ahem, anyways.

And onto the Orange Bowl. No Juice playing, but we do have a Macho. Virginia Tech against Cincinnati. Last year we lost it to Kansas, so I'm hoping for a big win tonight. Although we were a better team last year; the team's been pretty inconsistent this season. I guess we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

Do they have to cover the whole baseball pitch with ice just for the Winter Classic game? lol wow... dedication to a tradition!