Sunday, January 18, 2009

sorry guys

I predicted that my blog might be neglected for a while, and apparently I was right. I was planning on writing long recaps of all of my outings, but now it's just way too far after the fact, and would take far too much effort than I am willing to put in. So here's a very quick rundown of what I have and have not accomplished so far...

Things I have done:
  • tour of The City (the inner square mile)
  • tour of Eton and Windsor
  • Jack the Ripper tour
  • gone to the National Gallery and the V&A
  • seen where the Magna Carta was signed
  • seen Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, and lots of other famous buildings/structures from the outside
Things I have not done:
  • bought plates/silverware
  • gone shopping at Harrods, Kensington High Street, or Oxford and Bond streets (although I did the last one two years ago)
  • gone to the Emirates
  • gone inside St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey (may do these when my parents come to visit, because while the museums are free, the churches cost money!)
  • hooked up with a cute British guy
  • watched a football match in a pub
I have made plans for outside-of-England travel though. I am going to Wales at the end of January, Norway for skiing in mid-February, hopefully Bruges and Amsterdam at the end of February, and Paris in early March.

I am also going to go into London on Tuesday to celebrate our national holiday! Possibly going to Madame Tussaud's, because US citizens get free entry to see the new wax Obama, and then meeting a bunch of internationals for dinner and to watch the ceremony at Hard Rock Cafe. We're going all-out American (even the Aussies)!

3 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Haha Sarah, I knew you'd see more London in your stay here than I have done in my whole life! I used to go much more when I was younger, nowadays I'm too lazy... but I have been inside the Houses of Parliament and I dug my thumb nail into the speaker's chair so as to leave my mark hehe

Take some pics of the new wax Obama btw! xxx

blank said...

Ok somehow my mind managed to read your list of things you havent done as things you have done and was all WTF, how did i not know any of this. Still, you've managed to do so much already :D

Have fun tuesday!!! I can't believe it still.

senorita.blue said...

Woah Sare!
I am so sorry for being absent from commenting :(

But so glad that you are enjoying your time in Britania :D

Shh... i heard that finding a cute British guy is a feat in itself.
Didn't you scout any prospect in Eton / Windsor?
I heard that a certain blue-blooded one is single again now...