Sunday, January 11, 2009

i've become a cleveland indians fan.

Okay I'm kidding. But not completely. My two favorite Cubs have moved to the Indians during the offseason, so I think they may possibly become my favorite AL team. The Indians also have Major League going for them, which is definitely one of the best sports movies ever made.

So anyways, we got rid of Kerry Wood and Mark DeRosa and signed...Milton Bradley. I'm hoping he'll keep his juvenile off-field antics to a minimum. I also hope the Jake Peavy deal goes through, because I've always liked him. I hear he was spotted singing "Go Cubs Go" in a bar last month, so maybe it really will happen.

3 comments:

blank said...

WILD THING. YOU MAKE MY HEART SING. Amazing movie. All of them really.

So, I kind of love the Indians because I remember (and this maybe the last time watched baseball) we beat them in the Braves vs Indians World Series of '95 which was so awesome. But I seriously loved the Braves back then with maddux, and glavine, and david justice so the Indians always bring up those good memories! And they are also our fellow slightly prejudiced against native americans baseball team so it's good to at least be in it together.

Anyways, I know this post is really about the cubs so v. sorry for rambling on and good luck getting your guy!

Sarah said...

Haha no worries about the rambling. I love Maddux too, I'm sure he'll be a Hall of Famer in a few years!

Venice said...

I don't know much about baseball and, unlike American football, I don't know anyone around here that does :-( but I do know I like it how tight their pants are *thumbs up*