Wednesday, March 4, 2009

i'm such a boy

From Lion in Oil, via Kickette: the majority of men would rather see women wearing their favorite football team's shirt in bed than lingerie.

"So while today was the great unveiling of the priorities for men, it was also a sad one for women. Once again the evidence points to men preferring sports over women. Surely the backlash is about to begin."

Hmm...not quite.

1) Football shirts are so much more comfortable than lingerie. I actually do wear an oversized footie shirt to bed.

2) What does it say about me that I see the man's point of view in this situation? I'm certainly guilty of finding guys more attractive if I see that they're wearing an Arsenal jersey, so it's not surprising to me that guys would find the reverse true.

Sports and sex = the perfect combination? I mean, what else do you really need in life?


...like I said, I'm such a guy. I really need to go do that spa day ASAP, before I start spitting and scratching my crotch and drooling over flashy sports cars.

3 comments:

epiblast said...

Hmmm... Even though I'm a Liverpool fan I still have an Henry jersey from his last year at the club. Out of respect of course...

jjf3 said...

This does not surprise me at all. As a guy who loved baseball before I loved football even more, I once bought a girlfriend a Biggio Astro's jersey. And the hottest thing I could think of was her in her favorite player's jersey, and nothing else. Trying to break it down, I think its the idea that she's wearing next-to-nothing, yet still "hiding" her assets, while also making "all" of her quickly available. I would presume the same thing would be true if I had a girlfriend who loved a football team. Even as a Blackburn fan, a girlfriend in nothing more than her favorite player's jersey (maybe excepting CR7's - I hope whoever she is has better taste) would drive me utterly crazy...It would remind of why she's so beautiful, without showing it off (leaving a little to the imagination, even if I "know" what she looks like - my GF's are much hotter in my head than they could ever be in "real life"), plus it blatantly reminds me of our sports connection, while also reminding me to focus on her interests...(I was always a Bagwell, not Biggio, fan).

Sarah said...

I thought being a fan of one of the two automatically made you a fan of the other! The Killer B's...ah, those were the days. First baseball game I ever went to was an Astros home game featuring Biggio. Bagwell wasn't there yet; he didn't come until after we left Houston. Of course I don't remember all of this, as I was a year old at the time.