Tuesday, March 24, 2009

shiny new feature: song of the week

For a while I had a scrolling Last.fm widget showing what I had been playing most recently in the "What I'm Listening To" section on the right hand side of my blog, but I've decided to implement a song of the week feature instead. (And yes, I did totally steal this idea from choccobear.)

For my very first SOTW installment, I am going with "Coat Check Girl" by The Rinse.

Self-described as:
Brazen pop. Cheeky Baroque. Rude Love. The Rinse are a tug-of-war between London and Brooklyn, dance and rock, brains and loins. But you’ll forget to worry about just what their deal is the minute you join them on the dance floor.
The Rinse were formed in Brooklyn by Will Bates (London), James Rickman (Santa Cruz, CA), Ryan Gruss (Des Moines, IA), and Megan Thomas (Salt Lake City, UT). They have now evolved into Fall On Your Sword and have a much more techno/house feel, but I prefer their original stuff. "Coat Check Girl"'s poppy bass beat and keyboard dings make for irresistible toe-tappingly dancey goodness. Funky as a mudslide, indeed.

[If you like this song, check out "Rollerskating" and "Twisted" too.]

2 comments:

blank said...

love it! both the song and new feature :D

Vanilla Bear said...

I approve! I'm all up for dancey fun as you know! :D