Thursday, March 12, 2009

i've got the travel bug

Right now, the tentative April plan goes as such:

Week 1: 5 day vaca in Mallorca! Nice hotel for a relatively cheap price, music festival, beaches (I can finally break out the bathing suits I bought!), the whole deal. Just found out about this today and I so want to go.

Week 2: Back to the UK for family visit. My mom wants to do a few day trips around the south of England: Bath, Stonehenge, Cambridge, etc. which will be nice, because I want to go to all of those places and this way I don't have to pay for it! Yay fam.

Week 2/3ish: Begin the 10 day tour of Italy (Milan, Rome, Venice, and Florence if we can fit it), France (Nice, Marseille), and back into Spain (Barcelona, Valencia). This will be hectic as all hell and we probably won't get to all of these cities. But we're having such a hard time cutting down, because we want to go everywhere! Must figure out eurail sitch soon.

Week 4: Back to uni to study for exams.

After I get back from the break all I have left are four essay exams, but I still have a month and a half before I go back home, so I'm hoping to do more single trips around this time. I should get my exam schedule next week, which means I can start thinking about that soon. Still want to do the central Europe thing, i.e. Vienna, Prague, Zagreb. Oh, and Berlin! Gah, traveling is tough stuff.

4 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

*Sends American Tourist alert out across Europe*

Heheh this all sounds so awesome, I hope you get to go to all of those places! Esp Barcelona, you can then tell me what's good! I feel lame that I'm only going for 3 nights now :( Why can't I have friends who want to travel like you do?

senorita.blue said...

omg omg omg... jealousy can no longer serves for my feelings now.
Instead... WAHEEEEYYYYY!!!!

So excited for you Sare!
Please make sure that you have extra battery with ya :D

Stephanie said...

*is jealous*

Venice said...

Zagreb! Berlin! Zagreb!
*is torn*
*OK not really*

Seriously, Central Europe is the place to be. Prague, Budapest, Zagreb, Vienna.
Vienna is lovely but a little uptight comparing to the other cities. Prague is party party party all day + some sightseeing, Budapest is utterly romantic (for me personally at least) + great food and stuff, and Zagreb is where I'm at, which makes it >>>>>>> everything else lol!

But if you happen to come here during the summer months, I'm so taking you to the coast instead, that's where it's at! It's only two hours away anyway.