Sunday, November 16, 2008

alas, it seems that you are just a smooth playing rock star.

Sometime during my senior year of high school Phantom Planet played a concert in Harrisonburg VA, which is about two hours south of where I live. Sadly, it was on a weeknight so I had work to do and school early the next day, so I couldn't go. But two of my friends (twins who lived in Radford at the time) went, and they met the band briefly and said the concert was amazing and all that good stuff.

A few days after the concert, their friend wrote a joke fan letter during class and one of the twins stole it and actually mailed it to the band. Fast forward a month or so, and this video is up on the Phantom Planet blog.



Epic win.

P.S. Alex pronounced Brianna wrong.

P.P.S. I believe the swan in question belonged to the girls' older sister.

5 comments:

Venice said...

Dude he doesn't know who Björk is!

All in all, epic lols!

Sarah said...

Haha, no he did know who Bjork is, he just couldn't read the handwriting.

Stephanie said...

This is so many different levels of amazing right now! I can't stop watching it, it's just too good!

blank said...

no really, this is so funny. bink. lol!! your friends have inspired me to start writing more fan mail.

Vanilla Bear said...

LOL! I never thought bands actually read their fan mail!