Wednesday, November 12, 2008

arsenal on ice

A friend of mine coined this term, mainly to describe his current Stanley Cup-holding team the Detroit Redwings, but it totally applied to the Caps tonight. We steamrolled Carolina 5-1, meaning we have now pulled ahead of them to the top of the Southeast division. (And let's just hope we stay there so we don't have to win seven in a row at the end of the season again.)

The Alexes were on fire tonight: Ovie with a goal and two assists, and Semin with a pair of each. Mike Green also scored one, and Nick Backstrom finally got his first goal of the season. But the real gems of the game were our passing plays. Hence the "Arsenal on ice"; the quick passing was totally Arsenalesque. All in all, I was very proud of my boys.

Also, I wish I could have seen Detroit vs. Pittsburgh last night; sounded like a blinder. 13 goals in all, Pitt coming back from a 5-2 deficit to win 7-6. And Jordan Staal got a hat trick in the third period. You know, he's only a day older than me. Boy, do I feel useless.

2 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

How can you perv over the men when they're all covered up like that? No fair!

Sarah said...

You're right actually, I didn't even realize that our goalie was hot until I saw him interviewed tonight. But the masks keep them hot, otherwise they'd all be missing teeth from pucks/sticks in the face!

...oh wait.