Thursday, November 13, 2008

old news. but still freaking awesome.

I love the West Wing. This is no secret. The show kept me sane during the Dark Ages, a.k.a. the Bush years (which I guess are technically still here, but at least there's a massive light at the end of the tunnel now). But I never thought that we'd actually be living the TV show.

I'm sure most people have heard of the similarities between Barack Obama and Matt Santos, and yes, it's not a coincidence. The character of President-elect Santos was based on Obama. What not many people know is that the Josh Lyman character was also based on a real politician, i.e. one Rahm Emanuel. Josh Lyman becomes Santos' Chief of Staff. Rahm Emanuel is now Obama's Chief of Staff.

Woah.

I'm so excited, you have no idea. Too bad they couldn't find a CJ to be press secretary instead of Robert Gibbs.

2 comments:

Venice said...

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside when I see how enthusiastic you are about all the political changes in your country. It feels great knowing that things like this are so important to brilliant young people like you. I used to be like that too when I was 19. Now I'm still like that, except lazier and less creative.

Vanilla Bear said...

Or a Sam Seaborn to write speeches... mmm Rob Lowe was hot when he was in the WW