Monday, November 17, 2008

best time of year

Winter is my favorite time of year. I know it's not actually winter yet, but the first snowfall of the season is happening right at this very moment and I'm super excited about it! I love this weather. I thrive in this weather. I especially love the clothes: coats, hats, scarves, gloves, and fuzzy boots make me very happy.

Plus, the winter holidays rock. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are all fabulous. And St. Patrick's Day, although most people don't consider that a real holiday...whatev, I do.

But seriously, I canot wait until Thanksgiving break this Friday. And winter break a few weeks after that. I want this semester to be over with so I can enjoy the snow in peace!

4 comments:

Venice said...

Well, as Frank Zappa said,

"watch that husky go go go,
don't you eat that yellow snow."

Snow is only nice when you don't live in a city. There is something philosophically disturbing about seeing pure white snow at one moment being trampled all over by muddy boots in the next, or soiled by dogs, and then it turns to an ugly black...thing.
Yeah I know, I'm a rain on your parade :-(

Vanilla Bear said...

I love this time of year too Sarah, it's awesome and magical and I get to wear my woolly hat :D

Venice said...

Oh and btw, I do not enjoy having to wake up half an hour earlier to defrost my car windshields and warm it up enough so I can drive without thick mittens.

Sarah said...

Ooh yeah I hate that too. Scraping snow off the windows sucks. I try to avoid driving during snow though; I like walking around in my winter wonderland. :)

And that's one good thing about going to school in the middle of nowhere--the landscape is pretty and the snow doesn't get very dirty!