Sunday, November 30, 2008

happy belated turkey day!

And so I return from the North; older, wiser, and a good 20 pounds fatter. Okay, so that part may not be true--my aunt claims that I actually lost weight, though I'm pretty sure that's not true either--but I did eat an exorbitant amount of food. Such as it should be on Thanksgiving, the happiest of food-filled holidays.

It was actually a rather small crowd this year; I think we only had about 20-25 people, so we set up three tables instead of the usual four.I should have spent the week off working on my English essays, but in fact I ended up reading the books in the Twilight series--four books in three days, so I can affirm that they are every bit as addictive as everyone says they are. When we got to Connecticut I had every intention of taking a nice long nap (after a three-hours-of-sleep night and a seven hour car ride, I certainly could have used it) but I couldn't fall asleep. Then I saw Twilight sitting on the side table so I decided I might as well see what the fuss is all about. They're quite entertaining; no Shakespeare or Joyce or Fitzgerald, of course, but they never claimed to be--they're very good for what they are.

Anyways, enough about my forays into the teenage world of vampires and werewolves and star-crossed lovers. Here's a picture of my Thanksgiving plate before dinner:
And after dinner:
I think I was the only one at my table who cleaned their plate. I'm such a pig. We also had lots of pies:Mmm, delicious.

3 comments:

blank said...

aaah you've succumbed to the vampire frenzy! no body is safe. i love cranberry sauce! yum, yum.

somebody outcrazy my comment please so i look normal. thank you.

Vanilla Bear said...

WOAH 20-25 people is SMALL?? The only time I've ever eaten with that many people was at our work do at the end of term :S Other than my parents and my brother, here is literally *counts on fingers* 3 family members I'll be seeing this Christmas.. My family is really small :(

And I want all those pies, I don't even care what's in them. *So* *hungry*

Stephanie said...

*thinks of ways to outcrazy Ali...... finds task of this size impossible...... gives up*

Yay, I'm glad your Thanksgiving was good, I was sick so i barely ate. Only some mashed potatoes and a small piece of turkey. Those pies look delish!