Wednesday, October 22, 2008

esperanto and eskimo poetry: blog challenge one



After rewatching this episode of The West Wing recently, a few things ran through my mind.

1) Governor Ritchie is a lot like a male version of Sarah Palin

2) I know what Esperanto is, but I've never heard any Eskimo poetry.

So I looked up some Inuit poetry, and it's not half bad.

I see your face.
It is always near me, though I
Am days away from you.
In dear memory, I always see your face.

I see your face.
Alone in the dark night
I turn down the light and
In the darkness, I see your face.

I see your face.
You did not want to cry, but I
Remember now, tears as we said goodbye.
That is how I see your face.

I will see your face.
Only wait. When spring birds fly
home to nest and mate, so shall I,
And I will see your face.

Pretty stirring stuff, huh?

But this was my favorite piece that I came across:

I got my poem in perfect order.
On the threshold of my toungue
Its arrangment was made.
But I failed indeed, in my hunting.

Hee!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like how we all did our blog challenges really differntly.

Inuit poetry isn't too bad.

Oh, you/they spelled tongue wrong too by the way.

Stephanie said...

*differently

Vanilla Bear said...

I agree Steph, we've all done it differently which is awesome and sort of the point of the challenge - would be boring otherwise!

Lol Eskimo poetry? So randoms!