Sunday, October 26, 2008

sunday night football roundup

For some reason I don't write very often about football (the soccer kind) on here, despite it being my all-time favorite sport forever and ever etc. etc. I think it's because I don't get to watch it on teevee, as the stupid effing cable company in Blacksburg decided to stop giving me the soccer channels. So now I have to make do with shitty internet feeds. I look forward to school breaks even more now just because I can actually watch footie on a real HD TV at home. My whole family thinks that I do nothing but watch soccer and hockey, because that's pretty much all I do when I'm at home. But it's just because I have so much to catch up on!

Anyhoo, so yeah I don't talk about footie much because it's pretty difficult for me to make an accurate analysis of a game from watching it on a blurry three inch screen with commentators yelling things at me in different languages. From what I could tell today, Arsenal didn't play all that fabulously: we won 2-0 but both goals came late in the second half and the first one was an OG. But a win's a win, and I consider any game where RVP isn't injured a success. He was knocked down, but was up and about a few minutes later with no apparent lasting effects.

Random Arsenal notes:
1) Dudu is supposedly only a few weeks from returning to full training. I can't wait to see our little Crozilian play again!
2) Iceman wants to come back to Arsenal to coach! Uh-mazing.
3) Arsène, can we get a new captain, s'il vous plaît?

In other news:
1) Liverpool broke Chelsea's million-years-without-a-defeat-at-Stamford-Bridge record or whatev. Good on them.
2) Tottenham got their first win today after stealing 'Arry away from Portsmouth in a midnight raid, meaning no more Spurs triangle jokes. :*( Ah well, at least they're still bottom of the league.
3) With Redknapp's disappearing act leaving Pompey managerless, Tony Adams has taken over as the head coach, at least for the time being. You go, Tony! Make us proud.
4) Speaking of Portsmouth, Niko Kranjcar seems to be fully recovered as he played for a few minutes at the end of their game. The team is officially that much prettier again. Hallelujah and amen.

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

It may be the end of triangle jokes, but not hexagon jokes! :D