Sunday, October 12, 2008

"never put off till to-morrow what you can do day after to-morrow just as well."

I have an American Literature midterm tomorrow, so naturally, I'm blogging instead of studying. It's how I roll. (Although that quote at the top is Ben Franklin...I'm procrastinating by writing quotes about procrastination that I actually might need to know for my test so it's not really procrastination at all...trippy.)

I've spent a highly productive evening cutting the split ends out of my hair. You think I'm joking? Ohh no. It's a seriously strange and strangely addictive habit--the more I cut out, the more I find, so it's a never ending process. And since pretty much every hair on my head seems to be damaged, it's kind of like I'm giving myself a very uneven haircut. The sensible thing would be to get a real haircut, but when have I ever been sensible? I'll get it trimmed one of these days. But just because I'm slightly obsessed with my hair doesn't mean that you all want to read about it. So I'll move on to a quick weekend sports recap.

Da Bearss lost to Atlanta today. We are now 3-3, which isn't very good, but no one else in our division is doing well either so it's okay. I didn't watch the game because I was on the highway driving back to school in my shiny new-engined car. (Which didn't break down! It's running fabulously after it got all of its insides replaced, plus it looks amazing because my dad got it detailed.)

The Caps lost their season opener to Atlanta (what is it with Atlanta teams, huh?) on Friday, but beat the Blackhawks yesterday in their first home game. I'm pretty optimistic about most of the team; of course Ovie is always going to be amazing and Green looks as good as ever, but I'm a little worried about Theodore, the new goalie. Hopefully he'll improve as the season goes on.

[Random note: Sarah Palin dropped the ceremonial puck at the Philadelphia Flyers' home opener and got booed hardcore. They had to turn the music up way loud to try to drown out the chorus of boos she got. And it totally didn't work. Also, note the two Obama/Biden signs in the crowd behind her. This makes me like the Flyers a little bit more. Or at least their fans.]

No league footie this weekend, on account of World Cup qualifiers. I only saw the first 20 minutes of the US match against Cuba, but we won 6-1 which is a good sign. Beasley's first goal (the only one I saw) was quite nice. Other scorers were Donovan (meh), Ching (awesome), Jozy (equally awesome), and Gooch (haha, yes really). I haven't heard anything about the two missing Cuban players. I'm imagining them wandering the streets of DC in their match kits, shivering in the frigid 80-degree October weather. (Fuck global warming BTW. I want snow!)

I did get to see Spain vs. Estonia, which was about as interesting as it sounds. Spain pulled out an easy win, and they looked good but not fabulous. Nando's hair is looking so much better than it used to though! Definite plus. I always forget how much I like him until I see him play for Spain. Cesc's hair, on the other hand, I will not mention.

I will now end with another quote, this time from John Adams, just so I don't feel like this was a complete waste of my time.

"Had a declaration of Independency been made seven months ago, it would have been attended with many great and glorious Effects...We should have mastered Quebec and been in possession of Canada..."

Hee! Our second president totally wanted us to invade Canada. Awesome.

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

I love how random this post is Sarah! :D

Also I think out of everyone, you should mention the Cesc hair sitch. He'd listen to you ;)