Friday, October 3, 2008

my thoughts are misguided and a little naïve



I know very few baseball fans and even fewer Cubs fans--not counting my mother of course, who grew up outside Chicago and is the reason I'm a baseball fan in the first place. You know, I could probably blame her for screwing up my life because of that...but I guess that's another issue entirely.

Being a Cubbies fan is kind of like having a psychological disorder. I'm generally a happy, carefree, optimistic sort of person, but when October rolls around I fall into a perpetual state of depression. I assume I'm not the only fan that feels slightly bipolar. Also, Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Are all Cubs fans insane, hoping and wishing and expecting each new season to be different? Probably.

To get to my point, here's the lesson I learned last night: getting drunk is not the answer. Because now I'm depressed AND hungover, and I'm pretty sure I failed a World Politics quiz. But hey, it's not the end of the world. It's not even the end of the series! So um, roll on Saturday, and let's see some more of that astounding suckitude that we all know and love.

Go Cubbies.


t-shirt from cubscast.com

2 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Aw good luck to your team! :D I hope they don't suck too badly this time and get more rounders than the other team ;)

Stephanie said...

I like that shirt. If the cubs fail you can blame me!