Thursday, October 16, 2008

team ovie > team sidney

Capitals 4 - 3 Penguins

In Pittsburgh, no less! Woot.

Pitt got all of their goals out of the way first, and we were down 3-1 by the start of the third period. That's when things got crazy. There was an intense, frantic few minute span in which Washington dominated most of the possession, and it finally paid off in goals by Semin and Nylander to tie the game up.

Then there was a bizarre moment when the Caps got the winning goal--Gordon shot, raised his arms in celebration, skated away...and play continued on like it never happened. Initially everyone thought the puck had hit the post, but the telltale "ping" was never heard. We were all waiting for an official review, but it took over a minute for play to stop. Meanwhile, the CSN announcers had reviewed it on their own and "didn't want to ruin the suspense" but were dropping hints that we'd "like the results". Very strange stuff. And poor Gordon never got to properly celebrate his goal!

Green had an awesome hit on Malkin in the last minute or so. He also had some beautiful shots during the game, but Fleury was just too good. Speaking of beautiful, um, Kris Letang anyone? Oui, s'il te plaît! I'm still super jealous that my sister lived in the apartment next to him all summer. And she totally didn't appreciate her situation! She didn't even know who he was, silly girl.

Am I a dirty whore for lusting over the opposition? Better question, do I care? Of course not! He's certainly better looking than Ovechkin. Much as I love Ovie, even I can't say he's anything resembling attractive.

Nerve-wracking end when the Pens pulled Fleury out for the extra man, but we managed to hang on.

*sigh* Man, I've missed hockey season.

4 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Definite hottie! Your sister lived next door to him?? Maybe you should visited her more often?!

How do you keep up with all these sports Sarah? If you hadn't mentioned the puck, I'd still be wondering what sport this was.

Stephanie said...

He's a hottie. And no, don't feel bad for crushing on the opposition. I sure crush on opposition. Hot crosses all boundaries and is open to everyone. I have found that hotness should never be limited!

Sarah said...

Well technically her boyfriend lives next door to him, but she lived with him in Pittsburgh over the summer so yeah, it amounts to the same thing. He's a big Penguins fan so he thought it was cool but Meagan hates sports. Crazy, crazy girl. And I really should have visited her. Ah well, it may not be too late.

And keeping up with my sports? Er, I don't even know myself! It takes up quite a bit of my time, haha.

Vanilla Bear said...

Oh haha I just saw the penguin playing hockey on the hot guy's shirt - cute!

Sarah I think you should do a post on your sports putting them in order of how much you love them :D Would footie win??