Monday, October 20, 2008

nova is a state of mind...

...but apparently not actually part of a state.



Funnily enough, I agree with her. I disassociate myself with the *other* Virginia as much as possible. But I have to ask: if we're not really Virginia, does that mean we can secede? I vote we break away from the "real" Virginia and start our own communist egalitarian colony. Pantisocracy, anyone?

You know, many parts of "real" Virginia don't even like McCain. I spent three hours canvassing in Blacksburg neighborhoods on Saturday and only talked to one McCain supporter. Everywhere I went I saw Obama/Biden lawn signs, and many people I talked to invited me inside to talk for ten minutes about how much they hate Republicans.

It was a good time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't understand you commies! Always wanting to secede and leave behind the mother land.

I think she just confused which Virginia she was talking about because with four Virgina's (West Virgina, Virginia, North Virginia, Real Virginia) it's pretty easy to do. I mean, I did just this morning!

Vanilla Bear said...

You're awesome for Obama canvassing Sarah! *thumbs up*