Friday, October 31, 2008

worst halloween costumes ever: blog challenge two

So yesterday, as I'm sure you are all aware, was Halloween. My costume was pretty sweet, if I do say so myself...

...but there were others that I saw that really were not up to par. So I have compiled a list of what-not-to-wears, Halloween style.

1) Most of us have seen Mean Girls, but really, the "slut rule" should not be taken that seriously. Don't be slutty unless your costume is also actually good. The generic ones that you buy online (eg. French maids, Catholic schoolgirls, Playboy bunnies) are boring, overdone, and show far too much of what lots of girls probably shouldn't be showing. There was one girl I saw at the party last night just wearing a black bra and underwear and boots. WTF she was supposed to be, I have no idea.

I did see a few somewhat clever ideas though. One girl that we met on the bus was wearing birthday wrapping paper with a tag that said "From God, to men": God's gift to mankind. There was also a girl who was wearing a rather revealing outfit, but she had two plastic fried eggs on her head: eggs over easy. I can forgive whoreishness on Halloween as long as you've got a unique idea to go with it.

2) Do not dress as Sarah Palin. It's just a big no. That includes both girls and boys.

3) Guys, do not go out with just a wig on. That's ridic lazy.

4) Girls, a black dress with two lipstick spots on your neck does not a costume make. I don't care how much you pout when you take pictures of yourself on the bus, you do not look like a vampire.


Some of the good costumes I saw out:

1) A grocery bag

2) Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

3) Indiana Jones (okay this was nothing that special, but I love Indiana Jones so this costume is always good)

4) A Piñata (already broken, with candy stuck all over)

5) Party on Garth, party on Wayne!
Schwing!

3 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Sarah - lookin' hot! Love the idea :D For some reason when you said you were going as an M&M I thought that meant a big round like costume thing that you had made... out of something...? But that's just me overcomplicating things because I like this one much better lol!

And Wayne and Garth are most excellent!

Stephanie said...

You're too cute Sarah!

Unknown said...

M&M! Love the costumes and you look great :D :D

Wow - I would be very very curious to see the Piñata costume.
Garth and Wayne are cool!